Okay, so you don’t think about insurance every day, and you may not read an insurance blog every week. We get it. You probably only think about your policy every six months. Maybe not even that often.
A good friend of ours has a very unusual “problem.” Every time she watches a movie where buildings get destroyed, or cars get wrecked, she thinks about the cost to replace the damaged property. She hopes the owners have insurance. Like we said, it’s an unusual “problem.”
However, it got us thinking. Which movies make you grateful you have insurance? We created a list of our own and hope you add a few in the comments section below.
Our list includes:
- Money Pit with Tom Hanks, because a “new” house falls apart
- Armageddon and Independence Day, for the same destructive reasons
- Gone in 60 Seconds, if you own a luxury car
- Wizard of Oz, just in case your house leaves Kansas
- Titanic, if you own a really big ship or priceless necklace
- Meet the Parents, if you tend to be accident prone (or your future son-in-law is)
- Jurassic Park, if you plan to bring dinosaurs back to life
Reality check? Few insurance companies would pay for the catastrophes stated above, but we still think it’s kind of fun to think about.
So, what do you think? What movies make you appreciate your insurance policies? Leave your comments below and let’s see how many great ideas we come up with!